[condor-users] collector doesn't start

For some reason condor_master can't start the collector.  I installed v6.7.0
on Solaris 5.8/Sparc.  My intent is to get a one node test cluster.  There
is no CollectorLog files, and I don't know what I'm doing but the other log
files are not helping either.

I started condor_colllector manually but it started up on port 36136, and
the condor_master is expecting it at 9618.  I know that 9618 is not a
blocked port so I'm not sure why it doesn't try to start up on that port,
and I don't know why condor_master couldn't get it to start and why I had to
do it manually.

Any help appreciated.

Condor Support Information: