Re: [condor-users] Newbie - /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcc_s

Kewley, J (John) wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Massimo Canonico [mailto:canonico@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 11 May 2004 16:24
To: condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [condor-users] Newbie - /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcc_s

I don't solve the problem...but I can do more precise in the description

Probably..my problem is that condor_compile use the standard ld (/usr/bin/ld) of the system and not the ld for the gcc3.3 (/usr/local/gcc-3.3/bin/ld).

How can I say to condor_compile to use a specific ld and not the default ld?

I was just writing an email to suggest the following:

In recent versions, gcc and g++ will both compile (but not link) a file
based on its
suffix, so .cpp files will built by gcc as C++ files. However, to link them
you must either
use g++, or gcc + appropriate flags/options (probably also ld + appropriate
options).
These options would include :

-L<wherever your g++ libraries are kept>
-lX -lY (for each X, Y g++ libraries that you use)

I have tried to use that flags (--with-ld,-L(path of the lib), and -lg++,-lgcc_s ...and many other) but Condor always uses /usr/bin/ld and not /usr/local/gcc3.3/bin/ld. Where is this parameter specified in Condor?

May I set manually where condor finds the correct ld? Is it in some config file?

Thanks,
   M.

Condor Support Information: