Re: [condor-users] Condor 6.6.5 on Linux - condor_startd does not start up

On Wed May 12 2004 1:08 pm, Ravi Krishnan Venkatesan wrote:
> Hi Alain,
>
> I fixed the error that appeared in the 1st couple of lines in StartLog
> (passwd_cache::cache_uid(): getpwnam("condor") failed:) by creating a user
> a/c "condor".
>
> Note that START was not defined in the condor_config file for some reason.
> I fixed that & set START = TRUE as you had suggested. However, this still
> not fix the problem & I continue to get the same error.

Are you sure that it's *really* defined?  I've never heard of this otherwise.
Try running: "condor_config_val START" from the host in question, see what it
says.

-Nick

--
           <<< The Matrix is everywhere. >>>
 /`-_    Nicholas R. LeRoy               The Condor Project