Re: [condor-users] More condor / kerberos trouble.

On Mon, 24 May 2004, Zachary Miller wrote:

Given that we need to move to kerberos authentication to allow Condor jobs
to access other machines, what is the best way to proceed? Prior to
submitting the job, the user can, if required, obtain a machine principal
of the type e898/e898/machine.fnal.gov@xxxxxxxx, but it's unclear what
Condor would do with this.

this would likely work. condor assumes the user is everything up to the first slash or '@' sign. so in this case, it would assume e898, which would match the output of `whoami` and would not result in the security violation you encountered.

This does appear to work, thanks.

better and more flexible credential management is something we are actively
working on, but for now hopefully the above will work for you.

Great! If one could authenticate based on the current principal a) being valid; and b) kosher based on the ~`whoami`/.k5users and .k5login files, this would remove the need for someone to obtain a special principal at submission time in this case.

Thanks,
Chris.

cheers, -zach

Condor Support Information: