[condor-users] Richer MatchMaking in CondorG

Hi,
I think the the richer matchmaking functions in the MMS library, such as lists and RegExp, are not yet in the CondorG package - still correct? On the Canadian Grid testbed we are at the stage of needing this functionality to do things like checking the user subject is in the authorized list, and I was wondering what the schedule for it`s inclusion in CondorG was.
I think I know the answer will be not imminently, so we have a workaround - using the external C function trick. I have succesfully tested this for inclusion in the Rank attribute, but have never got it to work when the function call is included in the Requirement attribute. I was told that this should work, but my test function never gets run.

On an unrelated issue, we have a delicate resource (with GPFS shared files systems, without attributing blame) which struggles when many jobs are simultaneously submitted through the gatekeeper. I tried to contol submission with these macros on the scheduler but got suprising results

GRIDMANAGER_MAX_SUBMITTED_JOBS_PER_RESOURCE=5
GRIDMANAGER_MAX_PENDING_SUBMITS_PER_RESOURCE=1

Only 5 jobs are submitted and the rest wait until 1 finishes, which is as expected. I thought the 2nd line would limit the simultaneous submits to 1, but I still see many jobmanagers as if 5 are submitted at once. Have I misunderstood this macro?

The underlying problem is that a single gatekeeper submission results in O(100) small files being created in the gass cache, which causes problems with the shared FS. Anybody's guess why 100's of files are needed!

Cheers,
Rod.

-- Rod Walker +1 6042913051