Re: [HTCondor-users] Wacky loadavg sometimes

Hi

Thanks for the info about the -1.  About the other, I think Iâm interested in what one would normally call the load average : namely, if I have a slot, is it using the core(s) allocated to it, or not.  I suppose that I could as well ask the total accumulated CPU time in the process tree (is that supported) and divide by the total elapsed wall time, that would also tell me what I want.  Itâs interesting to know why LoadAv doesnât give me something along those lines, and why it might yield misleading results like in one case â2â and another case â1â for exactly the same usage profile (namely a single core job doing the same task in both cases).

JT