Re: [HTCondor-users] condor_schedd status

On 4/20/23 13:06, JM wrote:
HTCondor Users,

When a large batch of jobs is submitted, condor_schedd usually goes into a busy state and does not respond to new submissions or queries immediately.

Other than firing multiple dummy queries, is there a method to pull the status of condor_schedd directly?

Hi JM:

There's no good way to do this, that I can think of, off the top of my head, as the schedd is single-threaded and any query directly to the schedd will block if it is overloaded. One solution may be to submit jobs via DAGman, which can throttle submits, so it doesn't submit a huge number of jobs at once.

-greg