Re: [HTCondor-users] HAS_CVMFS_something ?

On Apr 26, 2023, at 3:10 AM, Steffen Grunewald <steffen.grunewald@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Brian,

On Mon, 2023-04-24 at 12:33:50 +0000, Bockelman, Brian wrote:

https://github.com/opensciencegrid/osg-flock/blob/master/ospool-pilot/main/pilot/advertise-base#L380-L516

Feel free to borrow as needed.

It took me the better part of a working day to eventually recognize the first
two dozen lines or so, after thinking how/where to use this.
You see, I'm new to STARTD_CRON stuff (although there is some for GPU monitoring
already running in my config)...

I eventually found https://htcondor.readthedocs.io/en/v10_0/admin-manual/hooks.html#startd-cron-and-schedd-cron-daemon-classad-hooks
but that claims that the hook should output a magic string when done - I could
not find that?

Nevertheless, there's a lot of HAS_CVMFS_* ad entries reported by condor-status -l
now, so I assume I got it working.

A minor question remains: which UID runs this, in which working directory, and
what happens to the stderr output?

Hi Steffen,

I can't claim to be an expert myself; glad it worked out for you!

My understanding is:

1.  This particular hook runs as the condor UID.
2.  In the 10.x series, the stderr output should go to the logfile of the daemon running a hook.  In this case, it should be the startd.

Note the "IO error" check for CVMFS is useful but permanent -- once an error occurs, the HAS_CVMFS_* should turn to false until CVMFS is remounted.  This is reasonable for glideins which restart daily but may not be desired at your site.

Brian