Re: [HTCondor-users] RPMs vs curl get.condor.org vs tarball

Hi Sam-

You might find this code I wrote for Google Cloud to be a usefulÂguide for installation inÂyour environment, assuming that you mirror the yum/dnf repo.

https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/hpc-toolkit/blob/main/community/modules/scripts/htcondor-install/files/install-htcondor.yaml

The remaining challenge would be setting up security/authorization which is a bit beyond what I can offer assistance with.

Tom

On Mon, Jul 31, 2023 at 1:11âPM Todd L Miller via HTCondor-users <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As for the curl get.htcondor.org instructions, this basically just pulls
> down a bash script that drives the RPM install and does a bit of
> configuration. You can look at the script or execute it with -dry-run to
> see what commands it would execute.

    We also offer Docker images; if you can get those across the
air-gap, there's no installation to be done at all.

- ToddM