Re: [HTCondor-users] manipulate ranking/priority of very-short-jobs-users

Another issue to take into account is that a high start rate can put pressure on other systems, like shared file systems.

	We already have a few throttles for high overall start rates.

Another thing that comes to mind is to allow users to make the baseline start rate smaller than 1 Hz â sometimes they know that the job startup process is heavy and that you donât want too many at the same time - you put the power into their hands to achieve this.

Already exists, but note that we expect the schedd to now be able to handle variable start-up loads on its own:

https://htcondor.readthedocs.io/en/latest/man-pages/condor_submit.html#index-143

- ToddM