Re: [HTCondor-users] manipulate ranking/priority of very-short-jobs-users

Thanks!  I didnât know about this stuff.

> On 16 Aug 2023, at 17:28, Todd L Miller via HTCondor-users <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Another issue to take into account is that a high start rate can put pressure on other systems, like shared file systems.
>
> 	We already have a few throttles for high overall start rates.

Usually the problem is not so much high overall start rates, here itâs usually one user who generates 90% of the high start rate.  I really donât like making everyone suffer because of one clumsy user.  OTOH the other users might let this user know how clumsy he/she is - peer communication tends to be effective.

JT