Re: [HTCondor-users] OOM & HTCondor 10 job submission to ARC-CE on CentOS7

Updating just curl might be easier (faster to deploy) than moving whole submission infrastructure to new OS. We did not really replaced OS curl, but
made a wrapper of arc_gahp to launch with the library from libcurl-openssl instead of OS's libcurl. It works indeed to reduce the memory usage/leak. I deployed it to all condor 10 nodes.
With this workaround ATLAS finished deployment of HTCondor 10 on our grid job submission side.

XRootD had also problems with this libcurl, not sure if that was same issue (Brian might have more details).

This libcurl linked with nss on CentOS7 caused so much troubles in the past (e.g. Rucio also used replacement linked with openssl) that moving away from CentOS7 might be the best option.

Petr