Re: [HTCondor-users] HTCondor Installation Issue in Ubuntu 22.04

Hello,

I hope this email finds you well. I would like to begin by expressing my sincere apologies for any inconvenience, but let's go.

OK, I worked more on the configurations and I have made some progress here, but I still encounter some issues.

I have installed the Role Execute node on a new machine, and now the connection between the central manager and the execute node is functioning properly, only in this machine where no previous software was installed.

However, I want to install the Role Execute on some machines in the labs, and on these machines, I noticed that the condor_startd does not start up. When I try to manually start the startd, the following issue occurs

$ condor_startd

WARNING: Error loading config file: /root/.docker/config.json: open /root/.docker/config.json: permission denied

I removed Docker to test, and the error no longer appears. However, the condor_startd still doesn't start up

# ps -aux | grep -i condor
condorÂÂÂÂÂ 3756Â 0.0Â 0.1Â 22716 16276 ?ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ SsÂÂ 20:03ÂÂ 0:00 /usr/sbin/condor_master -f
rootÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 3788Â 0.0Â 0.0Â 11832Â 7384 ?ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ SÂÂÂ 20:03ÂÂ 0:00 condor_procd -A /var/run/condor/procd_pipe -L /var/log/condor/ProcLog -R 1000000 -S 60 -C 132
condorÂÂÂÂÂ 3789Â 0.0Â 0.0Â 18836 13688 ?ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ SsÂÂ 20:03ÂÂ 0:00 condor_shared_port

Thank you once again for your understanding and support.

Best regards,