Re: [HTCondor-users] HTCondor Installation Issue in Ubuntu 22.04

However, I want to install the Role Execute on some machines in the labs, and on these machines, I noticed that the condor_startd does not start up. When I try to manually start the startd, the following issue occurs

You may run `condor_master` from the command line, but all other daemons must be started by the `condor_master`. To determine why, first check the master daemon's log (usually /var/log/condor/MasterLog) and see if it's even trying to start the condor_startd. If it is not, you probably need to add `use role:execute` to your configuration. If you have, you need to restart HTCondor. (If after restarting -- probably systemctl restart condor -- the master _still_ isn't trying to start the startd, write back and let us know.)

Once the master _is_ trying to start the startd, you should examine the startd log (usually /var/log/condor/StartLog) to see why it's not sticking around. There's a good chance you'll have to ask this list what the log means; please send every line from 'STARTING UP' all the way to the next 'START UP' or the end of the log (whichever comes first).

- ToddM