[HTCondor-users] migrating to HTC 10.x from 7 and 8

We have been using HTcondor for a long time in our lab. Starting from version 6. We now have to move to a newer version about the operating system aren't being supported on newer hardware we got.Â

While trying to install Version 10.x I noticed few changes and was wondering if there is an alternative.
1) The install script is very annoying. Is it possible to download the tar ball and I run the condor_install myself? I really liked the old way. The new way isn't transparent.Â
2) Do I have to use tokens? I am happy with old way of FS authentication. Our job policies are complicated enough and we don't want to deal with the extra overhead.Â

I like the new documentation system (Python style).