Re: [HTCondor-users] migrating to HTC 10.x from 7 and 8

1) The install script is very annoying. Is it possible to download the tar
ball and I run the condor_install myself? I really liked the old way. The
new way isn't transparent.

	You can use the script to download the tarballs; see

https://htcondor.readthedocs.io/en/latest/getting-htcondor/install-linux-as-user.html

and note the "our website" link for the proper links.

2) Do I have to use tokens? I am happy with old way of FS authentication.
Our job policies are complicated enough and we don't want to deal with the
extra overhead.

No, you don't have to use tokens. Note that FS is specific to a particular machine, so unless your whole pool is on a private network, you should do _something_ for network security.

- ToddM