Re: [HTCondor-users] versions and upgrading

You may run the script again. It will detect that HTCondor is already installed and tell you that you can update or remove the existing installation. Updating the existing installation will not work to go to a new major version, since version 23 is in a new repository. So, follow the instructions to remove the existing HTCondor installation and then run the script again. I see the you had previously selected the default (new feature series). If you don't specify which channel to use, you get the "new features" channel. To get the LTS versions, use the "--channel stable" option to get_htcondor. (LTS was formerly called stable and I think we need to update the get_htcondor script.)

The team decided that we will move to a yearly LTS release cadence and that the version number would reflect the year that we made the initial release.

...Tim