Re: [HTCondor-users] Starting condor

$ condor_status
Error: communication error
SECMAN:2010:Received "DENIED" from server for user unauthenticated@unmapped using no authentication method, which may imply host-based security.  Our address was '10.13.38.2', and server's address was '10.13.38.2'.  Check your ALLOW settings and IP protocols.

Configuring HTCondor security isn't easy. We recommend, if you're just testing HTCondor on a single machine, to use the 'minicondor' package(s), since they come preconfigured to run all the necessary daemons with the security settings appropriate for such an installation. If you installed using your system's package manager, you should just be able to install the 'minicondor' package (by that name) on top of your existing installation.

- ToddM