[HTCondor-users] Docker hang re-evaluation

Hi all,

Hope everyone is keeping well. I have an interesting issue/irregular situation that occurs with our workernodes. We currently run Docker containers on our workers with Condor 10.0.9. Some of our newer workernodes can run ~250 jobs per physical node and this can lead to a highly loaded system. Due to this, there are times that Docker can be slow to respond or give the impression of a hang, leading to the following ClassAds for the Startd:

DockerOfflineReason = Docker hung trying to rm an orphaned container

And sets ATTR_HAS_DOCKER = false

Looking at the source I see this behaviour defined: https://github.com/htcondor/htcondor/blob/main/src/condor_startd.V6/util.cpp#L244C34-L244C34

As the Docker hang is ofttimes recoverable, is there functionality in Condor to re-evaluate Docker’s status without having to restart the Condor daemon or manually amending these ClassAds?

Many thanks,

Thomas Birkett

Senior Systems Administrator

Scientific Computing Department

Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC)

Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Chilton, Didcot
OX11 0QX

signature_609518872