Re: [HTCondor-users] Starting condor

Hi All,

From the Pegasus documentation for running it on machines with non-HTCondor schedulers: https://pegasus.isi.edu/documentation/user-guide/execution-environments.html#hpc-clusters

It looks like they are asking for the CM and AP (submit) roles but not the EP. Basically using grid universe from the HPC system's login node.

Can the get_htcondor script do multiple roles at once or would you configure them individually?
https://htcondor.readthedocs.io/en/latest/getting-htcondor/admin-quick-start.html

Cheers,
Matt

Matthew T. West
DevOps & HPC SysAdmin
University of Exeter, Research IT
www.exeter.ac.uk/research/researchcomputing/support/researchit
57 Laver Building, North Park Road, Exeter, EX4 4QE, United Kingdom
On 14/11/2023 10:59, Wadud Miah via HTCondor-users wrote:
CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organisation. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

Hi Todd,

I installed it from the pre-built binaries and all the shared libraries are resolved. I have to use Condor (not mini Condor) because a package that I would like to use (Pegasus) needs Condor.

The server that I have installed it on does not have any firewalls, so I don't know why it is giving that error. In addition, SELinux is also switched off. Is there some documentation on how to get it installed?

Regards,

From: Todd L Miller <tlmiller@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 13 November 2023 16:28
To: Wadud Miah via HTCondor-users <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Wadud Miah <W.Miah@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] Starting condor

> $ condor_status
> Error: communication error
> SECMAN:2010:Received "DENIED" from server for user unauthenticated@unmapped using no authentication method, which may imply host-based security.  Our address was '10.13.38.2', and server's address was '10.13.38.2'.  Check your ALLOW settings and IP protocols.

        Configuring HTCondor security isn't easy.  We recommend, if you're
just testing HTCondor on a single machine, to use the 'minicondor'
package(s), since they come preconfigured to run all the necessary daemons
with the security settings appropriate for such an installation.  If you
installed using your system's package manager, you should just be able to
install the 'minicondor' package (by that name) on top of your existing
installation.

- ToddM