Re: [HTCondor-users] Using MAXJOBS in a DAG configuration file

Hi Cole,

In my case I need the fine-grained throttling. The command

MAXJOBS CategoryName MaxJobsValue

works fine in included in the DAG file, but not if I move it to the file

/some/path/to/dag.config

and read this file with

CONFIG /some/path/to/dag.config

in the DAG file.

So I'm just asking whether there is a way to move that command from the DAG file to the config file the DAG file is calling.

Cheers,

Nicolas

Le 27/11/2023 Ã 16:02, Cole Bollig via HTCondor-users a ÃcritÂ:
Hi Nicholas,

Per DAG configuration can apply the job throttling limits for the DAG as a whole while the MAXJOBS command allows for more fine-grained throttling (i.e. grouping nodes into a category and throttling per category). So if you don't need the fine-grained per category throttling, you can use either of the following DAGMan configuration options:

DAGMAN_MAX_JOBS_IDLE = <N>
DAGMAN_MAX_JOBS_SUBMITTED = <N>

The difference between these two options is the max idle works on a job proc limit while the max jobs submitted works on a job cluster limit.

Hope this helps,
Cole Bollig