Re: [HTCondor-users] job preemption with partitionable slots

On 11/24/23 18:02, R Tapia wrote:
Hi,

I have a user, foo, with a lot of non-urgent work. I would like other jobs to be able to preempt the user's jobs, but only after the user's jobs have run for at least three hours. That way, the jobs can make a bit of progress and checkpoint before being preempted.

Hi Ron:

Just to follow up on our conversation, there are many ways to do this, based on your requirements, but perhaps the best is to set a job-specific MaxJobRetirementTime in the startd, and have the defrag daemon periodically drain machines.

-greg