[HTCondor-users] job preemption with partitionable slots

Hi,

I have a user, foo, with a lot of non-urgent work. I would like other jobs to be able to preempt the user's jobs, but only after the user's jobs have run for at least three hours. That way, the jobs can make a bit of progress and checkpoint before being preempted.

I'm using partitionable slots.

I think that I can accomplish this with execute startd config:

RANK = 10000 * (1 - ((Owner == "foo") && (JobCurrentStartDate - time() > 10800)))
     ALLOW_PSLOT_PREEMPTION = True

and negotiator config:

    NEGOTIATOR_CONSIDER_EARLY_PREEMPTION = True

Does that sound reasonable? My main concern is "JobCurrentStartDate". I want it to refer to the job that might be preempted. Is that the case? If not, is there a way to refer to how long the job that might be preempted has been running (in a RANK expression)?

Finally, are there any other configuration macros that affect preemption that I should be thinking about?

Thanks,

Ron