Re: [HTCondor-users] Pool with one old machine

Jaime

Thank you for the update. I was able to update to version 10.9 (Thanks to Tim for the epel/powertools tip).

This 'old' machine is now authenticating and able to run jobs when regular users are submitting.

Now I am trying to get the apache user to submit jobs. The reason for this is that I am running a web-server which submits some long-running jobs (to postgres database) which need to be run locally. This used to be working, but I am struggling with the 10.9 version.

>From the ShedLog on the submitting machine (the old one):

11/30/23 09:37:52 (pid:2826939) DC_AUTHENTICATE: authentication of <...:7365> did not result in a valid mapped user name, which is required for this command (1112 QMGMT_WRITE_CMD), so aborting.
11/30/23 09:37:52 (pid:2826939) DC_AUTHENTICATE: reason for authentication failure: AUTHENTICATE:1003:Failed to authenticate with any method|AUTHENTICATE:1004:Failed to authenticate using PASSWORD

These appear when I try to run the submit via the website. I copied the password file directly from the head-server.

For mye security I have on the old machine:
## Security
SEC_DEFAULT_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS = IDTOKENS, FS, PASSWORD
SEC_CLIENT_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS = $(SEC_CLIENT_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS), PASSWORD
SEC_READ_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS = $(SEC_READ_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS), PASSWORD
SEC_WRITE_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS = $(SEC_WRITE_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS), PASSWORD

And on the head node:
SEC_DEFAULT_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS = IDTOKENS, FS, PASSWORD
ALLOW_DAEMON = $(ALLOW_DAEMON), condor_pool@*
SEC_CLIENT_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS = $(SEC_CLIENT_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS), PASSWORD
SEC_READ_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS = $(SEC_READ_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS), PASSWORD

What am I missing? Is it possible to add the apache user specifically somewhere perhaps?

Peter

Peter Ellevseth

Principal Advisor / Principal Advisor

+47 93 43 56 01 / +47 73 90 05 00