Re: [HTCondor-users] Constraining resource usage on Minicondor system

Hi Matthew,

You can control the resources provisioned to a slot and the number created slots with the SLOT_TYPE_* configuration. Here is a link to the Slot Type Documentation. One thing to note is that this configuration requires a restart of HTCondor. A reconfiguration is not sufficient when changing information about available resources.

-Cole Bollig

From: HTCondor-users <htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Matthew T West via HTCondor-users <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2023 7:37 AM
To: HTCondor-Users Mail List <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Matthew T West <m.t.west@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [HTCondor-users] Constraining resource usage on Minicondor system

Afternoon All,

I have a research group that is asking to run a minicondor instance on
their new single box server. Setting it up is straightforward thanks to
get_htcondor, but I would like to constrain the resources available to
run jobs.

What settings in which config files do I need to specify so that it
doesn't take up ALL THINGS, EVERYWHERE?

Cheers,
Matt

--