Re: [HTCondor-users] greedy_user ?

Hi Martin!

Condor assigns fair share by user, which is not necessarily a human, so let's create a high priority user that a human can utilize so jobs can get high priority. You would need to set 'accounting_group_user = <some_user>' in your submit file to override the default user selected and select <some_user> instead. You can then set the priority of that user by running 'condor_userprio -setfactor <some_user> <priority number>' on the AP you are submitting the job from.

Here's the documentation for reference:

From: HTCondor-users <htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Beaumont, Martin <Martin.Beaumont@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2023 12:56 PM
To: htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [HTCondor-users] greedy_user ?

Hi,

We sometimes have urgent jobs where we’d want them to bypass all other jobs as soon as possible. Something like a reversed nice_user (greedy_user?).

Now that I know how to Hold or Preempt jobs with a timelimit, I’d like a way for an urgent job to be put at the front of the queue, regardless of other users, fair-share, priorities, weights, quotas, job universe, etc. The system would then wait for enough resources to be free and launch that job before every other regular job from the queue.

Is there a configuration that could enable such behavior?

Thanks!

Martin