Re: [HTCondor-users] Never use "notification" option for all usere

You can configure your condor_schedd to refuse jobs that set Notification.

https://htcondor.readthedocs.io/en/latest/admin-manual/policy-configuration.html?highlight=submit_requirement#submit-requirements

Just add this to the configuration of your schedd.

  SUBMIT_REQUIREMENT_NAMES = NoNotify $(SUBMIT_REQUIREMENT_NAMES)

  SUBMIT_REQUIREMENT_NoNotify = (JobNotfiication?:0) == 0

  SUBMIT_REQUIREMENT_NoNotify_REASON = "Jobs may not use the Notification feature"

Or you can use a submit transform to force the JobNotification attribute of all jobs to be NEVER.

https://htcondor.readthedocs.io/en/latest/admin-manual/policy-configuration.html?highlight=submit_requirement#job-transforms

Just add this to the configuration of your condor_schedd

JOB_TRANSFORM_NAMES = $(JOB_TRANSFORM_NAMES) NoNotify

JOB_TRANSFORM_NoNotify @=end

   SET  JobNotification 0

@end

-tj