Re: [HTCondor-users] Multiple queue statements in submit file.

That is correct.  Multiple queue statements were made obsolete by the complex queue statement many years ago, but never actually removed from condor_submit.

The other methods of submitting jobs  (python and dagman direct submit) have never supported multiple queue statements, and we intend to remove support for multiple queue statements from condor_submit in HTCondor 24.

-tj

From: HTCondor-users <htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Carles Acosta <cacosta@xxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2024 5:46 AM
To: HTCondor-Users Mail List <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] Multiple queue statements in submit file.

Dear all,

I found this thread because we have the same situation here. We have an advanced user who uses multiple queue statements in a single submit file and only the first one is submitted when using DAGMAN (HTCondor 23).

If I understand correctly, this is not a bug and is expected behavior, right? In other words, for versions HTCondor > 9, the multiple queue statements are working with condor_submit but not with dagman, and in the next version, HTCondor 24, this functionality will be removed.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Carles