Re: [HTCondor-users] condor-23.2.0 and later break condor_interactive on Fedora 38+ and Rocky 9

On 23/Jan/2024 10:39, Bert DeKnuydt wrote:

Sorry for replying on my own message ...
And once more...

*) HTCondor 23.3 suffers from the same problem, even with minimal config
files (all default).

The problem occurs on Fedora 38/39 and Rocky 9, NOT on Rocky 8. Due to
CGroup differences.

B.

Hi,

HTCondor 23.4 breaks 'condor_submit -i' too on current Fedora.

Debugging this a bit further, leads to suspecting, that the changes in
        proc_family_direct_cgroup_v2.cpp

around 23.2 seem to get confused in the hierarchy of CGroups,
and mixing e.g.:

/sys/fs/cgroup/htcondor/condor_usr_data_condor_execute_slot1_1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

and

/sys/fs/cgroup/htcondor/condor_usr_data_condor_execute_slot1_1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/sshd

Actually, it's not clear to me why the second even exists, but CGroups
is not my daily drink, at all...

Workaround is still to revert (part of) proc_family_direct_cgroup_v2.cpp

Regards, B.