Re: [HTCondor-users] ResidentSetSize report on Almalinux 9 and condor 10.5.0//23.0.0//23.0.1

On 2/21/24 05:10, Carles Acosta wrote:
Hi,

I just want to comment that I continue to observe the memory issue with HTCondor and EL9. I cannot rely on adding MEMORY_EXCEED conditions in HTCondor/AlmaLinux9.

Let me show you another example with Atlas jobs, both a top-xaod execution.

Alma9 WN
* HTCondor version 23.0.3
* RES memory according to top: 3 GB
* ResidentSetSize according to condor:

# condor_q 22018463.0 -af ResidentSetSize_RAW/1024 MemoryUsage RequestMemory RemoteHost
8662 9766 3500 slot1_10@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Carles -- this is really odd.  Can you send me (directly), the StarterLog.slotXXX that corresponds to this job?  Also, I assume that the cgroup memory.peak is roughly the same as memory.current?

-greg