[HTCondor-users] prefer ipv4 without disabling ipv6

We're starting to test ipv6 at our datacenter. We recently upgraded to condor-23.4.0 and added ipv6 addresses to the public interfaces on all access points. After doing so, I found that one of our monitoring servers could no longer run 'condor_q -name xxx -pool xxx' (command hangs and eventually times out).

On the access points we set:

NETWORK_INTERFACE=<host private IP address>

On the misbehaving monitoring server, we have:

NETWORK_INTERFACE=<host private IP address>

On both systems we have a firewall that blocks any incoming connections over the public interface on ports 9618, 9620, among other things.

If I disable the public ipv6 address on the monitoring server (or set ENABLE_IPV6=False), the condor_q command works as expected.

Using strace, I found that if ipv6 is enabled, the 'condor_q' command tries to connect to the access point using the public ipv6 address:

2893155 connect(3, {sa_family=AF_INET6, sin6_port=htons(9618), sin6_flowinfo=htonl(0), inet_pton(AF_INET6, "2607:f390:3ff0:2016::79", &sin6_addr), sin6_scope_id=0}, 28) = -1 EINPROGRESS (Operation now in progress)

...which will certainly not work (as expected and intended) due to the firewall.

I've tried various combinations of BIND_ALL_INTERFACES and setting NETWORK_INTERFACE=<host private interface>, but that doesn't seem to change the fact that the offending client tries to talk to the access point over the public ipv6 address instead of the preferred private internal ipv4 address. Is it possible to get the condor_q command to prefer the internal ipv4 address without setting ENABLE_IPV6=False?

--Mike