Re: [HTCondor-users] ULOG_RD_ERROR while parsing log with JobEventLog

1. what exactly is wrong in the log

	The body text of the event immediately after

028 (385.000.000) 2024-02-23 11:04:47 Job ad information event triggered.

is intended to be an "old ClassAd"; one limitation of that format is that it can't escape newlines, but depends on newlines to separate attribute-value pairs. The 'Message' attribute's value contains a newline.

2. why did it happen

At first glance, it appears to be one or more bugs in HTCondor; the newline should not have been written as part of an old ClassAd, and probably shouldn't have been accepted or generated with one either.

3. is there a way to make log parsing skip the bad event and go on ?

	Not at present (other than modifying the file).

Thanks for your help, please find below how to reproduce the problem.

This all reproduced perfectly on my first try; thank you very much for including it all.

	I will file a bug shortly; it should not be hard to fix.

-- ToddM