[HTCondor-users] audit for idle/held jobs (system management)

I have found some idle jobs that are - to be blunt - ancient. The user isn't even here anymore. I know there's a way to just kill jobs that have been idle (and, I presume, held) for a long time but I'd prefer to avoid potential confusion of "where did my job go?".

Instead I'd like to get a simple report if a job is idle or held for more than 7 days so I can follow up with the user. Before I go crazy writing scripts to pull apart the output of condor_q -held and condor_q -idle then email if anything is found I thought I'd ask here if someone has already solved this problem? Is there perhaps even something built into HTCondor that I could leverage?

thanks,
nomad