Re: [HTCondor-users] audit for idle/held jobs (system management)

Instead I'd like to get a simple report if a job is idle or held for more
than 7 days so I can follow up with the user. Before I go crazy writing
scripts to pull apart the output of condor_q -held and condor_q -idle then
email if anything is found I thought I'd ask here if someone has already
solved this problem?

I'm sure others on the list have solved similar problems, but I personally don't have any solutions to share. I would observe that if you don't care if the job is held or idle for your report, you could get both with a single query of the schedd:

condor_q -const '(JobStatus == 5 || JobStatus == 1) && (time() - EnteredCurrentStatus) > (7 * 24 * 60 * 60)' -af ClusterID ProcID user

(Looking at the following URL for the JobStatus values:
https://htcondor.readthedocs.io/en/latest/classad-attributes/job-classad-attributes.html#JobStatus
)

Is there perhaps even something built into HTCondor that I could leverage?

	Not that I'm aware of.

-- ToddM