Re: [HTCondor-users] Running a script on job start as root

it would probably be nice to have a admin hook to inject admin aka more powerful stuff in parallel to a job user context. (especially with some having a strong opinion on job wrappers as a no-no ð) But tbh I have no idea, if something like that would be realizable within the startd<-->startd relationship without risk to have a mix up of roles/capabilities? E.g., a hook to start an own shepard process/script/... in parallel to the user payload for monitoring and profiling more easy jobs. Ideally switched into another more or less privileged functional user? Maybe one could hook in with the cgroup v2 glidein sub-group with 23.1.0 with just with another sub-group reowned to a functional user and populated with a sidecar job?

as a side note: unfortunately, Max pointed out why my idea with a path unit never worked out - as virtual file systems like cgroup mounts have no support for inotifies ð