[sampler-announce] Rhythmbox 0.6.10: project milestone!

From: Ben Liblit <liblit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 23:08:30 -0800 (PST)

Cooperative Bug Isolation Project builds of Rhythmbox 0.6.10 are now
available.  Enjoy!

<http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~liblit/sampler/downloads/rpm/rhythmbox/rhythmbox-0.6.10-1.sam.1.i386.rpm>

This Rhythmbox release marks a major milestone for the Cooperative Bug
Isolation Project.  Several of the bugs fixed in this release were
isolated, corrected, and checked using our instrumentation and feedback
data!  As lead Rhythmbox developer Colin Walters wrote:

	Thanks to Ben Liblit and the Cooperative Bug Isolation Project,
	this version of Rhythmbox should be the most stable yet.

I must admit that the feedback data we used did not actually come from
you, our end users.  We appreciate the reports you've been sending, but we
needed even more data to make this happen.  Tens of thousands of scripted
runs did the trick.

Keep using those instrumented binaries though, and tell your friends to
use them too!  If enough of you participate, then the next release will
all of you to thank for making it even better than the last.
Furthermore, the mere act of keeping these binaries rolling for all of you
to use has done a lot to help me and my team test and continuously improve
our own instrumentation and analysis tools.  So thank you, CBI users, for
helping us reach this exciting milestone!