[sampler-announce] considering switch to Fedora Core 1

From: "Benjamin Liblit" <liblit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 16:49:39 -0500

Red Hat Linux 9 officially reaches end of life on April 30.  After that
date, Red Hat will no longer even provide security updates.  For this
reason, I'm considering changing the build platform for Cooperative Bug
Isolation packages from RHL9 to Fedora Core 1.

RHL9 probably has more users worldwide.  But I expect that many of you,
being early adopters in general, have already switched to FC1.  Is that
true?  If I start posting FC1 packages instead of RHL9 packages, will
you be able to use my packages on more machines?  Fewer machines?  About
the same?

This project can only succeed with help from all of you, so your
feedback on this question is important to me.  Let me know where you
stand on RHL9 versus FC1.  Thanks!