CHTC: hpclogin1/2 not accepting jobs, remove old cluster data by March 15

Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2023 15:20:22 +0000
From: chtc-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: CHTC: hpclogin1/2 not accepting jobs, remove old cluster data by March 15

Greetings CHTC users,

This message is for users of our HPC cluster.

The shutdown of our old HPC cluster, accessed through `hpclogin1/2.chtc.wisc.edu`, is almost complete. As of today, the old HPC cluster is no longer running or accepting SLURM jobs.

If you still have data on the old HPC cluster (/home or /software directories accessed through hpclogin1/hpclogin2), please make plans to move it to an alternate location as soon as possible. After March 15, 2023, HPC users will no longer be able to access the old cluster and all user files will be deleted. This includes software and files in shared lab directories.

For more information about transitioning to the new HPC cluster (accessed via hpclogin3.chtc.wisc.edu), see:  https://chtc.cs.wisc.edu/uw-research-computing/hpc-transition-2023

You can reach us at chtc@xxxxxxxxxxx or drop by our regular office hours with questions or concerns.

Best,

CHTC Facilitation Team

--

Rachel Lombardi

Research Computing Facilitator

OSG and PATh Facility

Center for High Throughput Computing | University of Wisconsin - Madison