Re: [classad-users] minor ClassAd mutilation

Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 19:12:59 -0600 (CST)
From: Alain Aslag Roy <roy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [classad-users] minor ClassAd mutilation
>Maybe I'm missing the point, but to the best of my knowledge, old classads
>don't have booleans.  There're like C:  0 means false and anything else
>means true.  I'm actually kind of surprised that the parser accepts "true"
>and "false", but clearly, they are stored internally as 1 and 0.

Well, in C++ "true" and "false" for the bool type are stored as 1 and 0,
right? :)

Actually, old ClassAds do have Booleans, and true and false are interpreted
as being of Boolean type during parsing. You're right, they end up being
stored as 1 and 0 internally, but they are printed as "TRUE" and "FALSE"
upon output. You'll see them if you do a "condor_status -l".

-alain, purveyor of old ClassAd trivia