Re: [classad-users] eval method

Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 02:04:07 -0500 (CDT)
From: Giuseppe Avellino <giuseppe.avellino@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [classad-users] eval method
Nicholas Coleman wrote:

> > I am afraid but I forgot to say I am working with Java classes. I know
> > there are some differences between C++ and Java classes. If you can give
> > me some advise using Java I will be very glad.
>
> Here's what you want to do in Java:
>
> ad.InsertAttr( "pippo", Constant.getInstance( new Date( ) ) );
>
> - Nick
>

> Condor Classads Info:
> http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/classad/
I thank you for your answer.
In this way I can use Date() for some purposes.
What I really need is to use all Function Calls defined in ClassAd
documentation, such as Member(), IsMember()..., CurrentTime(),
DayTime()..., MakeDate(), MakeAbsTime(), MakeRealTime(), StrCat(),
ToUpper()..., Real(), String()..., and so on. I want to evaluate
expressions containing these Function Calls to obtain the computed
values so I can check the results and use them for different purposes (I
want to understand what kind of parameters they need and what kind of
results they yield).
I'd like to know if there is a way to use this Function Calls if you use
Java ClassAd classes.

--
Giuseppe Avellino
GRID R&D Group

DATAMAT S.p.A.
Via Laurentina, 760 - I - 00143 Rome - Italy
http://www.datamat.it

mailto:giuseppe.avellino@xxxxxxxxxx
Phone: +39 06 5027 4587 (direct) +39 06 5027 4570 (secretary)
Fax:   +39 06 5027 4500