Re: [classad-users] Bug related to keywords

Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 15:15:53 -0500
From: Alain Roy <roy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [classad-users] Bug related to keywords

The issue is ?
If we have a classad:
[?error? = 1]
In spite of the attribute name being a keyword the parsing succeeds because the name is quoted.
However when the ClassAd gets Unparsed, it spits it out as:
[error = 1]
Now if we try to parse this again, the parser bails out.

I'm betting that it's still an issue--thanks for pointing it out!

I?ve fixed this issue in both the Java & C++ libraries by getting the unparser to spit it out with single-quotes.

Can you send me patches?

However, Im wondering, if that?s the best solution.
Would you rather have the parser succeed if it encountered ?[error = 1]?, because the keyword is actually an attribute-name & hence the parser shouldn?t mind it.

It's a good question, and I'm not sure what the answer is--it's not clear to me from the reference manual. Marv--do you have some input on this?

-alain