Re: [classad-users] Usage of ClassAd

Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 18:55:50 -0600
From: Erik Paulson <epaulson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [classad-users] Usage of ClassAd
On Sun, Jan 20, 2008 at 01:38:47AM +0200, Viet Pham Hoang wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm current writing some auto-submission program for our administration of
> condor. However, I could not find a way to retrieve the status of machines
> in Condor pool using the C++ library provided, as if it is done with
> condor_status -l command.
>
> Could you please advice on the class and functions I should investigate for
> this purpose. Moreover, I would also like to understand the nature of this
> method, in which case whether it reads some log files, or does it query some
> processes (such as condor_collector) or even all the machines in the Condor
> pool for this information, because sometimes when I use condor_status, it
> really takes long time before printing something out.
>
> Look forward to hearing from you.

You want to look at the either:

1. The SOAP interface to Condor, and query the Collector yourself
2. Running 'condor_status' to query the collector and piping the output into
your program

Either one can be found at:
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.9/4_4Application_Program.html

Or, as a 3rd option, enable Quill on your pool, and query the database:
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.9/3_11Quill.html

The ClassAd library by itself doesn't help you at all with this.

-Erik