[classad-users] Classad extensions using shared objects

Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 15:09:43 -0700
From: Ian Main <imain@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [classad-users] Classad extensions using shared objects
Howdy folks,

I'm working on deltacloud (http://deltacloud.org) and using condor as a
backend job management system for the user interface.

Long story short, we've come to the conclusion that we need to add a new
function to the classad language so that we can implement quotas.  I
understand that this is possible by using a shared object (plugin) that
can be loaded to provide new functionality.

I was looking at the source code in condor 7.5.2 and it appears to be
similar to the 1.0.8 classad library tree, at least the fnCall.cpp
appears identical.  I know there was a change in the way these
extensions are handled in classads through the versions..

Anyway, I can't seem to find any examples or documentation on how to
extend condor using shared objects (via dlopen()).  Does anyone have any
pointers on this?  Am I the first one to do this?

It looks like the .so just needs to have an Init() which calls
getFunctionTable() and then adds in its functions.. which it would then
implement similar to the builtin functions?

An example would make this much easier though.. :)

Thanks!

	Ian