[DynInst_API:] Runtime Relocation Mechanism

Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 21:24:19 -0400
From: Buddhika Chamith Kahawitage Don <budkahaw@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [DynInst_API:] Runtime Relocation Mechanism
Hi All,

Feel free redirect me to the correct place if this query is not relevant to this particular list. I understand that DynInst uses a runtime code relocation mechanism for inserting instrumentation. I am interested in knowing specifics of how this is being handled specially with non position independent code (e.g: program text).

Are there any documentation related to this which may be useful for understanding this mechanism?

Regards
Bud