[DynInst_API:] SymtabAPI - dataUnknownType

Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2014 10:57:15 +0000
From: Fabian Mager <fabian.mager@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [DynInst_API:] SymtabAPI - dataUnknownType
Hello everyone,

I inspect function parameters and need to determine their sizes. This works quite well so far but currently I work with libpng and have some problems.

  typedef struct png_struct_def png_struct;
  typedef const png_struct * restrict png_const_structrp;
  png_get_header_ver(png_const_structrp png_ptr) {...}

When inspecting the function parameter png_ptr, I expect to get the size of a pointer but instead it is 0. The dataClass is 9 which means that png_ptr is a typeTypedef. The size of such a type is derived from its baseType which I can get via getConstituentType() I assume. The baseType in this scenario has dataClass 11 which means dataUnknownType and hence size 0. The question is, how do I get the size of my parameter?

Thanks,
Fabian