Re: [Gems-users] patch PC / patch NPC message

Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 23:04:54 -0500 (CDT)
From: lyen@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] patch PC / patch NPC message
Hi Vince:

  This message is printed out every time Opal's retirement check of
register values and control state disagrees with the values as indicated
by the in-order Simics execution.  Basically the first hex value is what
Opal thinks is the correct PC and NPC, and the actual correct PC and NPC
value pairs are the second hex values in the corresponding lines.

   I have noticed this happening alot when running Ocean, but the most
important stat to note is the final "Total percentage correct" as
printed out in the .opal file after the simulation ends.  If this
percentage is unusually low there may be something wrong with Opal.

   If you do not care for the patch messages simply comment them out,
since it is used for user-notification purposes.

   Luke