Re: [Gems-users] infinite loop when trying to use con0.break

Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 09:57:24 -0500
From: "Min Xu (Hsu)" <xu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] infinite loop when trying to use con0.break
Hi,

I don't think opal supports con0.break. Opal changes simics exception queues which can break how simics stops itself. We have write some code in opal to support Ctrl-C, you many need to write your own code to support con0.break as well.

Hope this helps.

-Min

Vince Weaver wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to use "con0.break" to help automate using gems.

I'd think the script below should work, but when the second string appears
it just prints seemingly infinite patch  PC / patch  NPC errors.
I've commented out those errors, and re-tried and it just seems to get
stuck in an inifinite loop rather than breaking.

Is using con0.break supported when using GEMS?

In the below script I'd hope that once the second string is printed it
would break out and print the stats.

Vince

con0.break "572_START"
con0.break "572_END"
con0.input "echo 572_START && echo test && echo 572_END\n"
run
instruction-fetch-mode instruction-fetch-trace
istc-disable
dstc-disable
load-module ruby
load-module opal
ruby0.setparam g_NUM_PROCESSORS 4
ruby0.setparam g_MEMORY_SIZE_BYTES 536870912
ruby0.init
opal0.init
opal0.sim-start "results.opal"
opal0.sim-step 1000000000