[Gems-users] Read Cache Data values directly from Simics

Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 17:03:42 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Siddharth Rajiv Inamdar" <sri3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Read Cache Data values directly from Simics
Hi
I was wondering if anyone knows how to read cache data values directly
from SIMICS. Given that ruby does not actually store data, does anyone
know how to get data from the cache?

i've tried using the SIMICS_read_physical_memory_buffer (under
ruby/interfaces/interface.C) which in turn calls SIM_read_phys_memory
(under
ruby/simics/simics_api_dummy.C) which always returns false. I guess the
fact that the file is a 'dummy' file should explain things, but is there a
reason that the SIMICS_read_physical_memory_buffer function was developed?
If this cant be used, is there any other way to access data values in the
cache?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
thanks
sid