[Gems-users] A question about L2 wire delay

Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 04:08:36 +0000
From: "lu peng" <penglu01@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] A question about L2 wire delay
Hi, there,

I have a question about L2 wire delay in RUBY. If I have 128 L2 banks and 4 cores in one chip, what's the L2 banks distribution by default? The delay of farther banks are bigger than those of nearby banks. Does RUBY show this?

In addition, I found there are 3 Latencies in rubyconfig.defaults: L2_RESPONSE_LATENCY, L2_RECYCLE_LATENCY and L2_REQUEST_LATENCY. Could somebody please tell me the differences?

One more suggestion: it would be better if there is a search function in gems-users archives.

Thanks a lot,
Lu