Re: [Gems-users] Query regarding bus arbitration

Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 08:02:35 -0500
From: "Min Xu (Hsu)" <xu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Query regarding bus arbitration
Chandra,

GEMS implements a point-to-point network. The broadcast protocol is
implement on top of a tree-like topology that globally orders all
broadcast messages at the root. The network delay is modeled in
this network. In other words, the GEMS release tree doesn't have a
bus model. But our research tree will contain a bus model and
bus-based snooping protocol very soon.

-Min